How to Live Stream Pre Recorded Videos via Facebook Live
The live streaming industry is started influencing a majority of online platforms either using Meerkat, Periscope, or Facebook Live. I’m a real fan of live streaming services and I’m 100% sure it’s going to take over text in a very broad way in the near future. So if you are an Internet marketer then you have to take advantage of it & create strategies to produce the best results from the same. Recently I observed a few influencers on Facebook Live, going live with their pre-recorded content. Which made me surprised. I did some study and got a lucrative solution. If you want to stream your pre-recorded video content via Facebook Live.
I do periscope to tell my stories but I fall in love with FacebookLive. Facebook Live helps you to leverage your existing audience, which is the best baked-food you can ever get, if you want to Facebook live using recorded videos then you can do it for FREE of cost but it takes time to configure settings. if you want it quickly then by paying a very nominal price you can do. Please follow the below guidelines.
Solution 1: Very Easy to Use but cost a Little Money (Recommended for Non-Tech Users & Brands)
We all live in a superfast world where time and resources are very valuable. If you are a brand and want to do the Facebook live activity of existing videos. Then we suggest this easy way to streampre-recorded video at Facebook live.
Livereacting is one of the useful services available on the Internet which will do everything for you. Livereacting tool is very handy for:
Social Media Agencies
Key Features of Livereacting:
Very easy to use (just upload video and click one button to start)
You don’t need to keep PC running the whole time and your stream will work fine even if your internet connection is bad.
You can upload video and schedule a specific date to start a live stream
How to use Livereacting service:
Sign up for Livereacting using your Facebook account & grant access to your profile and pages you manage.
Log in to your profile, now you need to purchase 1 credit of just $3.99 to use Facebook pre-recorded video template for a single video. Do it according to your requirements as its super affordable.
Now choose the “Stream pre-recorded video” template.
Choose where you want to go live (Profile/Page)with your pre-recorded video.
Before you upload videos, you should consider a few pre-requisites of Livereacting.
1. They support only .mp4 files. If you have another file format you can convert it to .mp4 using an online converter
2. Max file size = 1000 MB
3. Your video must have audio and be longer than 1 minute.
4. Max length of video 240 minutes/1 credit, if you have a long video you need more credits.
5. Video contents are liable to follow facebook terms and conditions as Livereacting is just a tool to help you out. Your uploaded data is not used by anyone & will get purge from a system after Facebook Live gets over. Either choose Facebook Page or Facebook personal profile.
Upload your video and see its preview before posting to Facebook.
If everything is OK then simply click on a POST to FACEBOOK to go live. If you are doing it from a page then you can schedule it as per your time.
After going live you will see “Dashboard to control your LIVE stream” like below. Use it accordingly & enjoy hassle-free FB live.
The best part of Livereacting is you can plug your video into their system and enjoy your coffee till it will get over. Their support is very helpful if you face any issue with the live stream.
You can also provide your suggestions for them to see more new features into their web-tool. Livereacting not only provides facebook live solution but also many more tools for internet marketing agencies & brands. We recommended it to all Digital Marketing Agencies.
How do I stream to OBS with Facebook Live?
Solution 2: Complicated to Use but FREE !!!
1. Download OBS Studio according to your OS platform& install it, OBS is Open Broadcaster Software which you need to configure a streaming host on your machine.
2. Get your STREAM KEY using your Facebook Page, to do it simply navigate.
Your Facebook Page ->Publishing Tools->VideoLibrary->LIVE+
3. Keep note of Streamkey and hit Preview, so you will see the following OFFLINE screen, keep that tab open. To enable GOLIVE button to stream our pre-recorded video please follow upcoming instructions.
4. Open OBS software, navigate to Settings->Stream->Select “Facebook Live”->Enter StreamKEY you noted in the above step.
Using VLC Video Source for Facebook Live Configuration
5. Now it’s time to select a pre-recorded video in OBS.
Navigate to Sources->Add->VLC Video Source->add a playlist to stream by selecting video files. You can do lots of configurations in config panel like looping videos or playlist etc. That’s it, now you are one click away to stream your selected video.
6. Navigate to the dashboard of OBS and disable “Mic/Aux” to avoid outside distractions when you go live. Only keep VLC source audio in ON state. Hit START STREAMING.
7. Now navigate to FB page & your will able to see PREVIEW of the stream, Simply hit GO LIVE.
Congratulation !!! you are now live with pre-recorded video 🙂
How to go LIVE in Groups/Own Timeline using existing recorded videos:
In the above process, we go live using Facebook page, but what if you want to go live using your personal profile & in groups?
2. You will get a popup like below screenshot, select the appropriate option to GoLive.
3. I selected to GoLive in a group.
4. After clicking NEXT you will get the same windows as in point 3, now you have to note down StreamKey & have to use it in OBS software as mentioned in the 4th point.
5. It’s super easy to follow all steps from point 5th & go live either on your Facebook timeline, groups, or pages.
I hope you will utilize it for a good purpose and deliver very good content to your audience using live stream pre-recorded videos on Facebook. Please do let me know in the comments if you face any kind of issue.OBS can also help you to do live of prerecorded videos to YoutTube and Instagram using a similar method but you need proper developer API key access.
Saurabh Mukhekar is a Tech Blogger from Pune, India. He is also thinker, maker, life long learner, hybrid developer, edupreneur, mover & shaker. He’s captain planet of BlogSaays and seemingly best described in rhyme. Follow Him On Facebook