Netizens have extremely short attention spans, so they might usually end up not watching a complete 4 or 5-minute video where the best portion doesn't start until the halfway mark. With this in perspective, we will in this post, show you three methods on how to share a YouTube video at a specific time.
Three methods to share YouTube videos at a specific time.
The three methods that will be covered are:
- Share YouTube Video at Specific Time from Browser.
- Share YouTube Video at Specific Time by Modifying URL.
- Share YouTube Video at Specific Time from App.
Now, let’s delve into the detailed steps.
1] Share YouTube Video at Specific Time from Browser.
- Open a YouTube video with a browser on PC.
- Click the SHARE button under the playback window at the point you want to share the video.
- Check the box next to Start at, which is at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Note: A sharable link is added with the timestamp (?t=xxxx) when you check Start at the box. With the timestamp, the link can also direct people to play the video starting from a specific time.
- Now you can edit the start time. By default, it should show the time you click the SHARE button, but you can change it.
- Share the YouTube video at a specific time by clicking available social media options.
2] Share YouTube Video at Specific Time by Modifying URL.
This method for sharing YouTube videos at a specific time can be done by adding a string of code to the URL.
Notice that from Method 1 above, the sharable link is added with a string ?t=16 which means that the video will start playing from 0:16. Therefore, if you want it to start at 2:55, then you should append ?t=2m55s to the link.
However, if you compare the URL in the SHARE window and the one in the address bar of your browser, you’ll find that the former is shorter than the latter. If you want to share a YouTube video at a specific time by modifying the full URL in the address bar, then you need to replace the question mark sign ? with the ampersand sign &.
3] Share YouTube Video at Specific Time from App.
- Play the video you want to share on YouTube mobile app.
- Pause the video where you want to share with people.
- Tap Share button > Copy link.
- Open the social or messenger app where you want to share the video.
- Past the URL and add a timestamp as mentioned in Method 2
- Confirm to share video out.
Avail of the latest Youtube Tv Promo Code