How to fix YouTube Error 'Playback Paused Because Your Account is Being used in Another Location'
For those of you who are YouTube lovers and also YouTube premium users, you may have come across this youtube error while playing a video on youtube. The error message reads:
"Playback paused because your account is being used in another location"
(Playback ID: faYNR64BGMbbuVO7)
This error interrupts whatever YouTube video you may be watching or intended to watch, and this can be very upsetting. But not to worry, there is a way you can resolve this issue. This article will explain how you can get this error resolved.
Why is there an error playing videos on YouTube?
One of the major reasons you will encounter an error while playing a video on YouTube premium is because your YouTube is signed in on another device somewhere else. When a YouTube account is being shared with a member of the family or friends and they are using it on another device, this particular error will appear. To resolve this, what you are to do is check the devices you are signed into, and sign out.
How do I keep videos playing on YouTube Premium?
To keep your videos playing on YouTube premium when the error "Playback paused because your account is being used in another location" pops up, carry out either of the following:
Using Google 2-Step Authentication to log out of all devices
Troubleshoot YouTube video playback issues
Now, let's discuss how you can carry out the process stated above.
Use Google Two-Step Authentication/Verification to log out of all devices:
You can use Google two-step authentication/verification to Sign out of all the devices you are logged into remotely. But you should know that there is no single Sign-out button to simultaneously sign you out from all the accounts at once, but you can sign out from each account one after the other, this doesn't take more than a few minutes.
To do this:
1. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity on any of your browsers (you are free to use any of the browsers available on your PC, phone, or even tablet). If you are not already signed into your Google account, sign in.
NOTE: Google's two-step verification works a little differently. You will have to sign in to your Google account first with your email and password (as always). You will be asked a follow-up question and then a code will be sent to your phone via Text Message or a phone call. If you have a Security Key, you can insert it on the computer via a USB port.
2. Once you are signed in, a list of devices you are signed into will appear, Click on More details under each device to show more details about it. This will show you details such as the date and time of the last activity carried out on the device as well as the location.
3. Now, Click on the Sign Out button to log out of any device you wish to sign out of from the list of devices shown. (in this case, it is advisable to log out of all the devices except the one you are currently using).
NOTE: In a situation where you are Signing out of an Android or Chromebook remotely, Signing out will remove your google account from the device automatically.
4. Click the Sign Out on the Confirmation Window that pops up. This logs you out properly.
NOTE: If you do not wish to check details about the device or devices you wish to log out from, simply click on the three dots located at the top right corner of every device listed and click on Sign out.
Once you are done with this, go back to YouTube and play the video.
Troubleshoot YouTube video playback issues:
There are many other reasons for the Youtube Playback errors and there are various playback errors such as;
"An error has occurred" Or "Playback error. Tap to retry".
amongst others. Troubleshooting your device's internet connection is another way of fixing YouTube playback errors.
To Troubleshoot YouTube playback error, carry out the following actions.
1. Try checking the YouTube video's recommended speed and also the resolution desired for the video to play.
2. After checking the above, Run an internet speed test to check if your internet can run the video resolution you chose or using. If it can't or is not compatible, change the quality of your video for a better experience.
3. Another thing you should check is if your internet provider is HD verified. You can do this by checking the video quality report.
4. Check the Stats Nerds to find more about your video playback.
5. Finally, try to Restart your internet connection if the above suggestions do not give any positive result.
YouTube is a great social media platform to share and watch a lot of exciting stuff by individuals all over the world. But Errors such as this can interrupt this exciting experience. But with the fixes outlined in this post, you do not have to worry anymore. Hope this is helpful!