[Chatgpt Plus Waitlist] How to get ChatGPT Plus Access in Any Country
ChatGPT is arguably the most disruptive piece of technology we have seen in the recent past. The powerful AI suite has been taking a flak for snatching jobs. The preview version of conversational AI had some limitations. Early this month the good folks at Open AI announced ChatGPT Plus. A new subscription plan priced at $20/month (in the US).
What is ChatGPT Plus?
ChatGPT Plus is a premium version of the conversational AI tool. You get a host of added features and performance upgrades. Downtime during peak hours is a regular occurrence with free ChatGPT. However, the Plus version has dedicated bandwidth. In other words, you can access it during peak loads with faster response times.
At the time of launch, Open AI promised that they will be adding a host of new features. Well, ChatGPT users will get to test the features before others. In all possibilities, some features might be reserved for paid users. Furthermore, ChatGPT Plus is tailor-made for advanced users including individuals and businesses.
How to Get ChatGPT Plus Access in any country[No Chatgpt Plus Waitlist] ?
ChatGPT Plus got you all excited? Hold your horses as it comes with some caveats. The premium version is currently available only for the US and a few selected countries' users. Eventually, it will be available across all regions. Being in India, I was disappointed. After some experimentation, I finally got the ChatGPT Plus up and running in India.
In this article, I will explain how to get an early ChatGPT Plus upgrade in India, and that too at a lower cost. Before that let us take a look at the things we need.
1. OpenAI account- You need a basic ChatGPT preview account up and running before we proceed.
2. VPN- A free or paid VPN that lets you choose servers. I have used ExpressVPN to get ChatGPT Plus in India. Install Express VPN and set it to the Philippines. If you use the US then you will have to pay $21.89 instead of $20. No harm in saving a few bucks right!
3. Non-Indian credit/debit card- Open AI checks the region/country of the credit card user. I suggest using a credit/debit card that is not based out of India. Don’t have one? Ask your family and friends in the US for their credit cards. Alternatively, get a virtual credit card from leading banks like HDFC and ICICI. Lastly, you can try out Wise.com virtual debit card. It supports many countries/regions where ChatGPT Plus is not yet available.
Steps to Get a ChatGPT Plus subscription in any country before its rollout
1. Open ExpressVPN (or any other VPN like NordVPN, Surfshark, iVacy, PureVPN) and connect to the Philippines or any chatGPT-plus supported countries [USA, UK, EU, Australia, Philipines, etc ].
2. Open ChatGPT.
3. A pop-up will appear. It says “ChatGPT Plus is available in Philipines.” Select Learn more.
4. ChatGPT account menu pops up. Here you have the option to upgrade your plan. OpenAI lists all the benefits you will get once becoming a ChatGPT Plus user. Tap Upgrade Plan.
5. Now the payment page will open. Enter name and billing details( use an address from the Philippines ). Please note that you will be charged $20/month & you need Virtual Credit Card if you are outside of countries where chatGPT is available. The subscription is recurring and if needed you can opt out anytime. Select the rectangle button with a tick mark.
6. Once the payment is successful you can start using ChatGPT Plus immediately from any country. No need to use VPN after payment. Simply tap the Continue button to open.
7. You can toggle between Default[Turbo] mode to Legacy mode. I will explain more about turbo mode in the following sections.
4 Reasons why you should get ChatGPT Plus?
ChatGPT Plus is not for all users. OpenAI is not discontinuing the free plan. Casual users can stick to it. The ChatGPT Plus plan though is bliss for professionals and businesses. There is a multitude of reasons why you should upgrade to the plus right away. I have used ChatGPT Plus for a reasonable amount of time. Below is a list of reasons why you should get ChatGPT Plus-
1. Significantly Better Performance
I am sure you might have noticed how ChatGPT keeps throwing errors when the server is loaded. Until now there was nothing you could do about it. The ChatGPT Plus reserves bandwidth for power users. In other words, you will get a faster response even when the demand is high.
ChatGPT(Free) vs ChatGPT-Plus vs ChatGPT-Plus(TurboMode) Speed Comparison:
2. Turbo Mode
Turbo Mode is an extension of improved performance. It's the default mode in chatGPT plus. You can switch between turbo and legacy modes. In practice, the feature should accelerate responses. However, Redittors have reported that Turbo mode is sluggish. Apparently, it takes more time than the legacy mode. In all likelihood, folks at Open AI will fix this soon. In a recent update, openAI made default Turbo faster than Legacy mode.
3. Priority Support & API
The premium entitles you to better support from OpenAI. Business owners and developers get access to ChatGPT API. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities. For instance, brands could train AI to respond to customers' queries. Or it can be used to fetch information from a specific website.
Whether you like it or not, AI is the future. It is prudent to skill yourself and learn to leverage ChatGPT. You can learn how to implement the ChatGPT toolkit into new products. With ChatGPT Plus you have an edge- you get to try out new features first.
FAQ: All that you need to know about ChatGPT Plus
How to log in to ChatGPT Plus?
Subscribe to the premium version using the steps detailed above. Once done log in as usual. You will be able to access ChatGPT Plus.
How to fix ChatGPT is at Capacity Right now?
ChatGPT Plus is the best way to remove performance limitations.
How to subscribe to ChatGPT Plus?
I have clearly outlined the steps involved in subscribing to ChatGPT Plus. Use a VPN and get things going.
Machine learning tools are likely to help us become more productive. They could eliminate a lot of mundane repetitive tasks and help humans focus on what matters the most. Meanwhile, AI is likely to create new jobs that never existed before. If you are a developer or like building new things then ChatGPT Plus is a no-brainer. I hope ChatGPT users in India and other countries are now able to get the Plus. What is you like the most about ChatGPT Plus? Let us know in the comments section.