How to Track Location of Unknown Whatsapp Number who is calling & Messaging you
There are many reasons why you might want to track the location of an unknown WhatsApp number. Maybe you're getting harassing messages from someone, or maybe you just want to know who is calling you and where they are located. No matter what the reason, it's actually quite complex but not impossible!
In this blog post, we will show you how to track the location of any WhatsApp number, without having to install any additional software or apps. Keep reading for more information!
How to track scammers on Whatsapp?
This method can track the location of an unknown WhatsApp caller even if his location sharing settings are off for WhatsApp. But that location will be based on IP address location, not accurate like longitude and latitude.
- Iplogger URL : From here we will create encapsulated image URL for tracking.
- URL Shortning Service (bit.ly or tinyurl.com )
- Whatsapp Messenger which is associated with that number.
How to track the location of an unknown WhatsApp number?
1. To track location, we have to send a web link/image link as a message on that WhatsApp number. So that person will click on it.
2. Navigate here to create a web link using this location tracking URL service.
3. Paste any random image URL/weblink to shorten it & ready to share, Here I'm using this image URL to shorten it. It is required when that person clicks on it, it will redirect to a legit image and they will not able to get that they are getting track anyway. 🙂
When you paste your image/weblink you will get that magical link to send via WhatsApp. This page will include the statistics of clicks and location/IP address for tracking purposes. You can bookmark that page to check the stats later.
3. Next step is you have to copy the link (red arrow) and use URL shortening services like bit.ly or shorturl.com to make it short. This is very important because it will mask the identity of being tracked using the lplogger service as their URL is very easy to understand.
4. When you get a short URL using bit.ly or any other shortening service. Send that URL via WhatsApp to that unknown number with some creative text. You have to be creative to insist that person click on it.
E.g: "Hey you can check my real identity picture here, you will be shocked( https://bit.ly/dpblogsaays )"
Geeting tracking data
5. When that person clicks on a particular link, it will open the image which you used earlier. Due to this offender will not be able to understand that he/she is getting tracked. It's going to be a normal image for them.
6. When clicks happened you will be able to check the logs & all major stats of that person's IP address, Device, Operating System, etc from the dashboard like below. [USA location is for bit.ly which we used for shortening iplogger URL, so ignore that entry.]
7. This method works really well if the scammer is not using VPN services, Otherwise, it will lead to the wrong location due to VPN.
8. When you get IP address from this tracking, you will easily find ip address location or you can share it with legal authorities for investigation.
With these tips, you should be able to track down the location of any WhatsApp user, even if they are using a fake number. Just remember to be patient and keep trying different methods until you find the one that works best for you.
And if all else fails, contact customer support for help. They may be able to provide you with more information that can help you find the person. Thank you for reading! We hope this article was helpful. Please let us know in the comments if you were able to track down the WhatsApp user.