No one can deny the fact that technology has completely taken over us. We all are living in a world that is technologically driven, and one of the many areas which have been drastically changes by technological advancements is the way we shop. Thanks to the internet and computers today we can shop and get things delivered to our doorstep without moving out of our comfortable chair.
Be it clothes or large appliances like ACs, refrigerators etc., almost everything can be bought online nowadays. According to a study by Assocham-Resurgent India, around 69 million Indians have shopped online in 2016 and this number will touch 100 million this year. The growth in online shopping is mainly owing to the rise of digital-savvy people, better logistics, broadband and Internet-ready devices.
However, there are a lot of people who still do not trust buying anything online. Even if they do, they will only risk buying some clothes or inexpensive accessories from e-stores. Buying an expensive smartphone online is something they will never even think about. They are worried about the brand authenticity, the warranty, the quality of the product etc. while buying online.
On the other hand, buying a smartphone online in fact is not only safe and secure but also comes with a lot of other benefits. Here are some of the reasons why you should be shopping online for smartphones:
- Quick Access: While physical stores require customers to visit their outlets to place an order, e-commerce dealers can offer their customers the convenience of ordering any smartphone of their chance without stepping out their comfortable home/ office. While shopping online, customers can order their favorite smartphone from anywhere, any time.
- More options: Online sites offer their customers with an amazingly wide variety of smartphones from numerous brands on a single window. Showing so many phones to a person face to face is next to impossible. While in a physical store, a customer requires assistance from a salesman, online, the customer can check out as many phones they like and they can take their own sweet time to decide which phone to buy. They can take hours or even days to make the decision online.
- Better discounts: This is the best reason to start shopping smartphones online. Be it festivals like Diwali or Christmas, special days like Mother’s day, Independence day etc. online stores give the best discounts on smartphones. And you can find all these offers on first and foremost on DesiDime. So if there is a Great Indian Festive sale going on, you will easily find Amazon coupons from DesiDime or Amazon cashback offers or both to help you save while buying your smartphone online.
- Easy comparing: One of the biggest flaws that buyers face when they visit a physical store for buying a smartphone is that they don't get a clear idea about the difference in the price of different models and other stores in the vicinity. Thus, they sometimes end up paying more. On the other hand, websites provide buyers with the option of comparing the prices of different models, and some sites like DesiDime, help in comparing prices of the same smartphone across different sites, thereby ensuring buyers get their desired smartphone at the best possible price and make a more informed shopping decision.
- Security of personal information: Online platforms have become more secure with time. They use high level encryption security options for securing the sensitive and private information like credit/ debit card details of the buyers. Every e-store which has a lock icon next to its URL in the browser window is completely trustworthy.
- The authenticity of the product: If you are worried about getting a fake product while shopping your smartphone online, then you are in for a surprise. The online shopping world has now become very competitive, with every online store offering their customers 100% genuine products indicated by a badge of trust. E.g. on Amazon the smartphones which have an Amazon Fulfilled stamp next to them, are verified by Amazon itself. Similarly, Flipkart uses the Flipkart Assured icon to tell its customers which products are verified by them. Also, in case of any dissatisfaction, these stores offer easy refund, exchange, and return policies to their customers.
- Access to exclusive phones: With the growing popularity of online shopping, a number of smartphone brands have started launching phones exclusively online. These exclusive smartphones are only available online for sale and thus, customers will not be able to buy them in a brick and mortar store.
This proves that shopping for a smartphone online is much more convenient, affordable, and reliable than you think.