Clipchamp is one of the most widely used video editors across different devices. Before, it was available for Windows only, but it's now accessible to Mac OS and iOS users. In this article, I will show you how to install Clipchamp video editor for Mac OS in simple, easy steps. I will also share crucial information you need to know before installing the desktop app.
The app allows you to create and edit video clips for various platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Social media ads, Slideshows, Gaming, Text overlays, TikTok drafts, Meme videos, etc. In short, you can use Clipchamp for fun and professionally for your business or organization.
Why should you install Clipchamp video editor for Mac OS?
Before installing Clipchamp on your Mac, it would be good if you knew some important information about the app. For example, you need to know about its features, packages, pricing, and pros and cons.
Features - Clipchamp
There are quite a number of stunning Clipchamp features that will catch your eye. Here is a list of some:
- Directly upload videos to different platforms. Clipchamp allows its users to export ready-to-use video clips to Facebook, X (Twitter), Instagram, YouTube, etc. This is a great feature for those who are into digital marketing or just reels for fun.
- User templates. The tools have several templates for specific niches. For example, you can use a template to edit a clip for sales, education, gaming, marketing, etc.
- Stock videos and audio. If you do not want to use your own videos or want a mix of both, you have numerous stock videos to download for free or at a fee. The library has GIFs, videos, and stickers. The good thing about these items is that they have no watermark on them, and you can edit and use them as you please.
- Variety of editing features. With Clipchamp, you can easily select editing options such as cutting clips, cropping, trimming, magnifying videos, dividing, etc. There are so many other editing features at your disposal.
Pricing and packages
Clipchamp has two pricing plans: free and premium. The free package is ideal for beginners or individuals who want to use the tool for non-professional ideas. The premium one is the best for everyday editors who want both pro features and pro results. The table below shows some of the prominent features of the two Clipchamp plans:
|Export resolution||You can export a video of up to 1080p High Definition.||You can export a video of up to 4K Ultra High Definition|
|Stock images/videos||Basic free stock||Premium stock images, videos, and audio|
|Watermark||No watermark unless you are using features not included in the plan||No watermark in all exported videos|
|Effects and filters||Free of charge||Premium filters and effects|
As of the time of publishing this article, the cost for the Clipchamp premium is $13 per month, but you can opt to pay yearly and get a discount.
Can Clipchamp work on Macs?
Yes, Clipchamp works on MacOS devices, including laptops and desktop computers. You can simply download it on your Mac or access it on browsers like Safari, Chrome, Edge, etc. For Clipchamp to work well on your device, we recommend the following:
- If you are using the browser, ensure that the web app is only open on one tab.
- Close other applications that you are not using while editing clips on Clipchamp.
How to install Clipchamp video editor for Mac OS
To download and install the Clipchamp video editor for Mac OS, follow the simple steps below:
- Open your browser and go to the official Clipchamp website.
- Sign up or log in to your account. You can use a Microsoft account, a Google account, or Apple ID details to register a new account.
- Once you log into your account, check the overlay text Install desktop app and click it. It is located at the bottom left side of the web page.
- After that, follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation process.
Alternatively, you can go directly to the Mac App Store and search for Clipchamp. Click Get and follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.
Microsoft recommends at least 8GB of RAM, a 64-bit computer, and sufficient storage memory to run the Clipchamp desktop app on Mac OS.
Recently, Clipchamp added the Auto Compose feature, which allows users to create video clips automatically using the media they upload. Other recent features include asset analysis, seamless transition, intelligent scene selection, dynamic music selection, and great customization options.
We hope you are now able to install Clipchamp video editor for Mac OS and enjoy its features. Feel free to leave us a message in the comment section.