There are a lot of different ways to watch Instagram Reels which are 30 second full-screen videos. Their purpose is to compete with the viral videos of TikTok. Instagram already had videos, but Reels are designed to be viral on social media. You can get hooked to Instagram watching many Reels one after the other. You can watch them on the Instagram apps for Android and iPhone, on Facebook, or on the web. But what if you want to look for the reels that you have already seen, liked or saved? How to see recently watched reels on Instagram? Can you see which reels you've watched?
It can be tricky to find the videos that you've already watched on Instagram. But don't worry, we're here to help! It is not possible to check your entire Instagram Reels Watch History as of now. But by following our tips, you will be able to view your Instagram Reels Liked History and also find them inside your Saved collection.
In this blog post, we will show you how to view the Instagram Reels that you have Liked or Saved in the past. You can use this to see the Reels, videos, and photos that you have already enjoyed watching on Instagram! Additionally, we will provide tips to find the Instagram Reels you have watched before, by using Search.
How to Check Your Instagram Reels Watch History?
People love watching Instagram Videos on the popular social media app. There are a few different places to find the Instagram Videos you have already seen. There is no direct way to check your Instagram Reels Watch History, like it is possible to see your Youtube Watch History. But you will be able to see the list of Instagram Videos that you've already enjoyed watching by following these steps:
1. "Manage Likes" Option in Android App / iPhone App Settings
- The most common interaction on Instagram is to LIKE a photo, video or reel. If you have Liked a Reel when you watched it, then you can easily find it again using the Instagram Android or iPhone app.
- Go to your Profile -> Tap on the Hamburger Menu (three horizontal lines) on top right corner -> Go to Settings -> Type 'Manage Likes' in the Search Bar -> Tap on 'Manage Likes' -> You will be able to see all the reels you have liked!
- Remember that you cannot see your Liked History on the Mobile Site or Desktop Site of Instagram. You must use the Android or iPhone mobile apps for Instagram to see your Likes History.
2. Using your "Saved" Posts on Desktop or Mobile Apps
- After Like, the next popular option for collecting Posts and Reels that you enjoy is SAVE. This is the bookmark feature of Instagram. You can Save everything in a single collection by default. Or you can create several different collections separated by different themes according to your choice.
- To save a Reel, tap on the three dots on the bottom right corner, and tap on Save.
- To see your Saved Reels on Android or iPhone App, Go to your Profile -> Tap on the Hamburger Menu (three horizontal lines) on top right corner -> Tap on Saved
- You can check all your Saved Reels under your Saved Posts. For many accounts, Reels are shown in a separate section inside Saved Posts on the Instagram mobile apps for Android and iPhone.
- To see your Saved Posts (including Photos, Videos and Reels) on Instagram website on mobile or desktop browser, go to your profile, and look under the Saved section on your Profile. On Mobile site, it is indicated by the ribbon-like bookmark icon.
3. "Reels You've Watched" New Feature Rolling Out
- Click on your Profile icon and go to your Profile Page. Then click on the "Following" tab, you'll see a list of people who you follow who have posted new videos since you last checked. You can do this on web browser using desktop app or on mobile using the Instagram Android App or Instagram iPhone app.
- At the top of this list, there's a section called "Reels You've Watched." This is where you can find all of the videos that you have already watched on Instagram! This feature just started rolling out and maybe not be available for every account.
4. Searching "Instagram Reels" on Facebook
If you're looking for Instagram Videos on Facebook, it's a little bit more difficult. However, there is still a way to find them! If you go to Facebook and search for "Instagram Reels," it will bring up a list of all the public videos that have been posted. You can then scroll through this list and check your Instagram Reels Watch History!
5. Search "Instagram Reels" on Search Engines
Finally, if you're trying to find Instagram Videos on the web, the best way to do it is to use a search engine like Google orBing. You should also try searching it on Youtube, where fans upload compilations of best Reels. If you remember the content creator of the Reels you are looking for, it will make it even easier.
Just search for "Instagram Reels" optionally followed by the creators name. And will bring up a list of all the public videos that have been posted on the popular social media platform. You can then scroll through this list and look for ones that you've already watched.
6. "Request Download" Option Does not Work
Many tech blogs suggest going to Settings on Instagram website and using the "Request Download" option under Data Download section. They claim that the downloaded ZIP file contains the Reels you have watched. This is incorrect. We found that this data dump folder contains only the content that you have uploaded yourself.
So, all the photos, videos, and reels that you uploaded to Instagram will be available. But regarding content uploaded by others, it only contains links to the posts you have Liked and Saved. The actual Reels, Videos or Photos of other Instagrammers that you have Liked are viewable only via the Instagram Apps. Saved posts are available on both Instagram website and apps.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how to find Instagram Reels you have already enjoyed watching by using the Instagram Reels that you have Liked or Saved. You can also search for Instagram Reels on Google, Bing, Facebook, or Youtube. There is no way to see the full Instagram Reels Watch history as of now! Share this article with your Instagram friends who want to again see all their Liked or Saved Instagram Photos and Reels! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Thank you! 🙂