IBM Code Day 2018 Unlocking Blockchain, AI & Future of Computing
IBM, as everyone knows, is the pioneer in computer hardware, middleware, and software since its inception in 1911 as Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) and later renamed as IBM in 1924. IBM has also been lead performers in the fields of providing hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. Furthermore, their series also range into categories like cloud computing, cognitive computing, commerce, data and analytics, Internet of Things, IT infrastructure, mobile, and security.
That being said, you can imagine what it would be like when they organize their own international conference. That’s right! The leaders in the field of IT infrastructure and cognitive computing recently wrapped up with their 2018 of the IBM Code Day. So this quick post is to tell you about everything from the event highlights, venue, guests, agendas, after party, future events and much more.
IBM Code Day 2018 (Code. Content. Community)
IBM Code Day is an international developer conference held annually focusing on topics like AI, Data, Blockchain, IoT, Quantum Computing and more. It is considered as a golden chance for newbies and experts alike to go hands-on with IBM’s latest tech and get a boost in architecting your ideas.
The 2018 edition of IBM Code Day was held on 14th February, 2018 at Bengaluru, India. The venue for this grand event was
Vivanta by Taj, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru
The event for an entire day, offered new comers the chance to learn and use IBM’s latest technologies in
- IT Infrastructure
- Quantum Computing
Plus, there were Code Labs, complimentary certifications, Expert Talks, Hands on Labs. All of this and much more happened under one roof for one whole day on February 14, 2018.
IBM Code Day 2018 had record numbers of developers, exhibitors and speakers from across India and worldwide engaging face to face and through the live Webcast.
Events & Agendas
IBM Code Day is an entire package for you to experience the latest technology from IBM and their partners through hands-on workshops, executive keynotes, internet business models, lightning demos, minilabs and an exciting experience zone.
Just like any festival fanfare or an amusement park, there were numerous stalls or minilabs which organizers call “Code Labs”. Each of these Code Labs featured experts from various internet sectors showcasing short personalized tech walkthroughs by the product teams for taking your business to the next level. Some of these Code Labs featured
- Code Lab 1: Deploy a scalable WordPress Implementation on a Kubernetes Cluster
- Code Lab 2: Server-less Cognitive actions
- Code Lab 3: Assemble a food ordering Chatbot Dialogue
- Code Lab 4: Build a Calorie Counter app using Watson Visual Recognition
- Code Lab 5: Power your deep learning model using PowerAI
- Code Lab 6: Keep calm and let Watson build the ML Model
AND MUCH MORE!
The event also featured 13-year-old Tanmay Bakshi, the world’s youngest Watson programmer, and neural network architect. He shared his inspiring story of how Watson is helping him realize his AI dream! Furthermore, the there was a special main stage briefing about the IBM Watson & Cloud Platform.
Tanmay Bakshi (Right) with David Kenny
There was truly something for everybody. There were national and international attendees from all parts of the world, who came together to innovate with their peers at this year’s exciting developer conference.
Sponsors & Partners
- 10000 Start Ups
- Your Story
- Indigo 91.9 fm
- Fever 104 fm
IBM Code Day in numbers
Talking in numbers, the event saw more than 1000+ people engaging face to face and over 4000+ people engaging online during the live webcast. Over 450 developers engaged for hands-on sessions and 150 certifications awarded to developers.
IBM India also hosted an online poll on its official Twitter account, where they asked people “If you could master one cool technology at #IBMCodeDay what would it be?”, 42% of the online votes went for AI followed by 39% for Data Science.
IBM Blockchain Domain & more
Immersive and highly productive tracks for developers with all levels of experience have been curated by IBM experts and developer advocates to fast-track your learning. The biggest highlights for developers were the Code labs featuring Blockchain Domain experts showcasing use and functionalities of IBM Hyperledger and IBM Bluemix models.
- The event featured experts from the IBM Blockchain Dev Center who explained various models on how a blockchain business network securely shares information between different organizations by distributing ledger transactions to peer nodes located throughout the business network.
- Their main highlights focused on how IBM Blockchain solution can tackle the security challenge public, private, government and military organizations face.
- How such organizations classify, label and protect information commensurate with the security risk it poses if disclosed without authorization.
- The emphasis was on how frictions to your information exchange process and improves crucial business aspects like accessibility, accountability and traceability of information exchange can be reduced with the help of a blockchain cross-domain solution.
- They also displayed the in depth functioning of how their blockchain network peer, referred to as a High Security Business Node (HSBN) can play the role of a cross-domain guard installed on a high assurance platform.
Here are a set of up-close and candid moments from the IBM Code Day 2018. These are just a reminder of what you missed if you weren’t an attendee this year and what you can expect from the IBM team for the upcoming events.
A paradise for developers!
If you are aiming to make it big in the field of cognitive computing, the blockchain, commerce, data, analytics and IT infrastructure, then IBM Code Day is your opportunity! The event allows guests to learn first-hand from leading industry experts and SMEs, who will take you behind the scenes on what it takes to build enterprise-grade applications.
Further, the event turned out to be a paradise for internet developers from various fields. As a developer, they got top quality knowledge and experience in
- Getting immediate practical guidance that will make you more efficient.
- Learning how to create a cognitive banking chatbot.
- Command your micro-services.
- Build an Apache Spark-based ML Model which efficiently gets your code to solve real problems.
- Discovering best practices for building cloud-native apps and cloud security
- Meeting and interacting with other developers.
Future events and expectations
Post wrap up, the organizers expressed their plans on hosting the next year’s IBM Code Day and gave the guests in attendance and millions following on the internet an idea of what to expect in the next edition.
IBM Code Day coincided perfectly with the company’s celebrations of completing 25 years in India. IBM celebrated its 25th anniversary in India by hosting an exclusive even called IBM India 25, trending as #IBMIndia25 on 15th February at Town Hall, Bengaluru. IBM CEO Ginni Rometty herself was the chief guest at the event.
For those who missed the event, the organizers will be publishing speaker presentations and keynote videos soon on the official website soon.
Follow for more!
Follow the excitement and aftermath of IBM Code Day 2018 by using #IBMCodeDay and see what people, attendees, experts and organizers from around the have to say about this amazing event. Catch all the moments, images, videos and trending posts on Twitter and Facebook!