In this article, WhatsApp Users will find useful and simple tricks on how to rearrange & send their photos in the correct order. These solutions work well for sending your pictures & videos in a fixed order on WhatsApp Chat and WhatsApp Status. We have provided working methods updated for 2022. They will help you to arrange and send images in a desired sequence in WhatsApp for both iOS and Android.
What problems do people face while sending multiple pictures in WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is used and loved by billions of people around the world. It is a popular free instant messaging (IM), voice over IP and video calling app. People use WhatsApp to make international voice calls for free. WhatsApp Groups is another viral feature of the app, which lets large groups of people share information like news, photos, and videos. It is also possible to make conference calls using WhatsApp Group Calling. The maximum number of participants in a WhatsApp Video Call is 8, while for a WhatsApp Voice Call is 32. It is a cross-platform app that can be also used as a website via WhatsApp Web on PC or Mac. Due to these great free features, WhatsApp has become the preferred medium of communication for a majority of people today.
Just like a huge number of people benefit from using WhatsApp, lot of people also face problems due to missing features, bugs, or lesser known methods in the app. For instance, many people have been complaining that the order of images they sent in WhatsApp Chat became jumbled at the receiver's end. Another issue is that people don't know for sure how to send photos in the correct order on WhatsApp Chat or Status. They also don't know how to rearrange the sequence of multiple images they have selected before sending it to someone. We would like to assure you that it is quite possible to do all of these things, and you will see that it is actually quite easy and logical once you understand the proper method.
Why do people need to send photos in a given order on WhatsApp?
The order or sequence in which a batch of pictures or videos appear in WhatsApp does not always matter. If you just wanted to send a group of images to your friends by one-on-one chat or in groups, then you don't have to worry about the sequence in which they appear. However, there are many usecases when the order of photos really matters, and if this order gets jumbled or broken, then it can be really frustrating. Here are some example scenarios where it is really important to send pictures in the correct order:
- Pics of your notes or chapters from a book
- Images of slides for a presentation
- Pictures of step by step instructions for a recipe or any sequential procedure
- Photos from your holiday tour where you want to relive your trip in a chronological order
- Sketches or mockups of scenes for the storyboard for your video or film project
- Snaps of key landmarks and turns while giving directions for navigation
- A sequence of images for a surprise, like treasure hunt or suspense story
- ...and so on!
What happens when the sequence of images you sent on WhatsApp is incorrect?
Just imagine what happens if you read your notes in the wrong order. Or if you followed instructions for making an Ikea chair in the wrong sequence! What a mess it will be if the slides get sorted randomly during a presentation. Whether you are telling a fictional story or making a documentary, the chronological order in which you narrate the events matters. It makes a huge difference to the final product and the impression it has on its audience. You wouldn't want to get confused because of misordered or incorrectly arranged set of instructions for an experiment, or while driving through an unknown region!
Some years ago, students had even started an online petition for WhatsApp to sort out the issue while sending multiple pictures. They reported that whenever they tried sending multiple images at once, they never arrived in the original order. Users have observed that WhatsApp used to send pics according to their file size. The lowest sized image arrived first, according to them. Students who used WhatsApp to share and exchange school/college notes suffered when the notes arrived in a jumbled order. They reported feeling frustrated and even "mentally harrassed" by this issue. Through their petition, they appealed to WhatsApp to fix this bug in their upcoming updates.
How to send pictures in a fixed order in WhatsApp?
- Fortunately, many of the above bugs and missing features from older versions of WhatsApp have been fixed.
- The order in which multiple images get sent has become quite reliable on both Android and iOS today.
- So the first thing to do is to update your iOS or Android app of WhatsApp to its latest version.
- Just in case, even after updating WhatsApp, if your pics do not arrive in the order you sent them, the sureshot solution is to try sending them again one by one!
- On both Android and iOS: Whenever you are sending multiple photos at once in WhatsApp Chat or Status, just make sure that you select them in the correct order! If you want to change the sequence of your selected images, you can simply deselect them, and the reselect them in the new sequence, before sending them.
- Additionally on iOS: It is possible to rearrange the selected images with a drag and drop gesture on iPhone and iPad, as shown in the next section.
- These tips work both when you are sending multiple pictures by WhatsApp Chat, or adding multiple photos & videos to your WhatsApp Status or Story.
How to rearrange photos while sending in WhatsApp Chat on iOS?
Are you an individual who loves taking and sharing pictures very much? Then WhatsApp is a great choice to snap photos and share them with the world. Taking photos with WhatsApp and arranging them in the desired sequence or order while sending to your friends is an easy and hassle-free process.
Steps to Send Images via Whatsapp iOS as per your Sequence Order
Follow these simple steps to send and arrange images in the correct order in WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad:
Before you can send photos or videos, you need to ensure WhatsApp has the permission to access to your camera roll. You just need to open your settings menu, look for the Privacy settings, and open it. Tap on the option Photos and set the permissions to "Read and Write". This is to assure that your WhatsApp is authorized by you to use the photos and videos.
Open WhatsApp Chat, and select the Person or Group to whom you want to send many photos or videos. Tap on the Camera icon or Paperclip icon to select Photos or Attachments. You will see your Image Gallery or Camera Roll. Then after that, you can open it in full mode to choose more images. Tap on all photos that you wish to send. Try to select them in the correct order in this step itself. But don't worry if you get the sequence wrong here, it is possible to fix that using the next step.
After selecting multiple images and pressing done, you will see all the pics sorted in the bottom row under the chat box. Let's say you realize now that their order is incorrect. Don't worry, as you can easily rearrange photos in WhatsApp on your iOS device. Just do a long press (or tap and hold) on any photo thumbnail in the bottom row. You will notice that all the thumbnails start to wiggle. This is a popular iOS feature that lets you know that you can move around the elements that are wiggling. So now, you can start to move and drag the thumbnails around to put them in the right sequence. When you are sure you have your images set in the correct order, press Send!
How to send photos in correct order in WhatsApp Chat on Android?
WhatsApp on Android works slightly differently compared to WhatsApp on iOS. This is because the Android and iOS operating systems have been designed differently. As a result, on Android it is not possible to rearrange selected images from the bottom row with drag and drop. But that doesn't mean you can't rearrange your photos before sending. Follow the steps below to learn to do just that!
How to Send WhatsApp Photos in Correct Order on Android
Follow these simple steps to send and arrange images in the correct order in WhatsApp on your Android smartphone or tablet device:
Open WhatsApp, and open the Chat with a Person or Group where you need to send multiple pictures. Tap on the Camera icon to get to WhatsApp Gallery, or the Paperclip/Attachment icon > Gallery.
Optionally, if you have not yet given permissions to the app to access your stored media, it will ask you for the same. Just tap on Allow. This ensures that WhatsApp can access and send photos and videos stored on your device.
Once in the Gallery, you will see all the pictures that are present on your device. You can tap to select an image. For selecting multiple photos in the correct order, tap and select them in your desired sequence.
For example, we will select the pictures in the sequence 1, 2, 3, 4. Then click on OK on the top right corner.
You will see that the images 1, 2, 3, 4 are shown in the correct order in the bottom row.
Now, if you were to tap on the Send button, this is the order in which these images will be sent to your recipient. But let's say we actually wanted to send the pictures in another sequence: 3, 4, 1, 2. For that, go to the next step!
As noted in the previous step, we had selected our pictures in the order 1, 2, 3, 4. But we don't want to send them in this sequence. Our desired sequence is actually 3, 4, 1, 2. Here's what you need to do.
First, go back to the Gallery using the back arrow (either the back arrow on top left, or the back triangle icon at the bottom). Then tap on the selected pictures to deselect or unselect them.
And now, select them in the correct sequence as you want: 3, 4, 1, 2. Then tap on OK.
You see in the bottom row that the photos are now sorted as you wanted them: 3, 4, 1, 2.
Now simply tap the Send Message button (the green button with the Paper Airplane Icon). This will send your selected images in the correct order in which you selected them.
As shown below, your pictures will get sent to the recipient in the exact order 3, 4, 1, 2 as you wanted! Wasn't this easy and logical?
How to add images in a correct sequence to your WhatsApp Status on iOS?
- Open your WhatsApp on iPhone or iOS, and go to your WhatsApp Status tab.
- Tap on My Status to select pictures from your Camera Roll or WhatsApp Gallery.
- Select multiple pictures in the correct order in which you want to add them to your Status. Tap Done.
- You will see the selected photos in the bottom row, sorted in the sequence in which you selected them.
- If you want to make changes to this sequence, tap and hold, or long press any image in the bottom row.
- You will see that the image thumbnails start to wiggle. Now just drag and drop the photos to move them around. Rearrange them in your desired order.
- Tap Send. You have now shared your Status with multiple images ordered in your desired sequence!
How to send pictures in the right order to your WhatsApp Status on Android?
- Open your WhatsApp on Android mobile or tablet, and go to your WhatsApp Status tab.
- Tap on My Status to select pictures from your Gallery.
- Select multiple picture in the right sequence as you wish them to appear in your Status. Tap OK.
- You will find the selected images sorted in the same sequence as you selected them.
- If you want to change the order of images, tap the Back button to go back to the Gallery.
- Tap on the selected images to deselect or unselect them. Then, select them in the new order as you want. Tap OK.
- Now just tap on Send and share your multiple pictures in the correct order in your WhatsApp Status!
In this article, we have seen how WhatsApp allows people to send many photos in the correct order. In the previous versions, this was a buggy feature which sometimes worked and sometimes broke. But the latest versions of WhatsApp on both iOS and Android are quite reliable and do support sending pictures in a given sequence. We discussed the importance of being able to send pics in the right order. Then we showed how you can do this properly with step by step instructions. This works for both WhatsApp Chat and WhatsApp Status. So now, you can easily select multiple images, choose the right order or sequence for them, and share them with your contacts, groups, and on your Status! Tell us in the comments if you have any doubts, and share this article with your friends.