The Trust Wallet is a cryptowallet for cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and it also contains a Dapp Browser to browse Web3 applications. You need to enable the Dapp Browser inside the Trust Wallet app, in order to access the world of decentralized apps or Dapps. In this article, we will see how to enable the Dapp Browser inside Android and iOS.
How to Enable the Trust Wallet Dapp Browser in Android?
Follow these steps to enable Trust Wallet's Dapp Browser in an Android phone:
- Install and Open the Trust Wallet app on your Android device.
- Set up your wallet seed phrase and/or password.
- Now tap on the Settings icon on the bottom toolbar > Preferences > Dapp Browser.
- Toggle ON the button next to the Dapp Browser option.
- When you go back to the Home page, you will see Dapp Browser icon on the bottom toolbar.
- You can browse the lists of Dapps or navigate using a URL.
Thus, you can access and explore the world of Dapps using the Trust Wallet's Dapp Browser feature in Android.
How to Enable the Trust Wallet Dapp Browser in iOS?
Apple's App Store guidelines did not allow the Trust Wallet app to have a Dapp Browser feature. As a result, Trust Wallet has removed the Dapp Browser feature from their iOS app. However, iOS users can still access the world of Dapps and Web3 apps, using a nifty trick to enable the Dapp Browser on iPhone and iPad.
- Install or Update your Trust Wallet app on iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Safari browser. Type this address in the address bar: trust://browser_enable and hit the "Enter" button.
- This link or address will cause the Trust Wallet iOS app to open and enable the Dapp Browser feature.
- Note that this roundabout method is necessary because Trust Wallet isn't allowed by Apple App Store guidelines to explicitly provide the Dapp Browser setting or feature inside the app.
- Now you can open Dapps or browse the catalog of Web3 apps using your iOS device.
Why to use Dapp Browser in Trust Wallet?
Here's why you should use the Dapp Browser feature of Trust Wallet on Android and iOS devices:
- You can access Dapps or decentralized applications using the Dapp Browser.
- Dapp browser is great for testing and deploying Web3 apps.
- The Dapp Browser enables usage of DEXes, or Decentralized Exchanges using your mobile devices.
- Using DEXes like PancakeSwap or Uniswap, you can buy, sell or trade cryptocurrencies directly from your crypto wallet.
- You can use the Trust Wallet to buy, sell and store NFTs.