How to Activate Facebook Dating in Your Account?
Nowadays, there are a lot of online dating apps that anyone can explore. A dating app or a dating site like Tinder gives people a new way to find the love of their life! Now people not only buy online, learn online or work online. They also try to find love online! Facebook, world's largest social network, does not want to be left behind in the online dating market! A new dating feature was first announced at Facebook's annual conference F8 in May 2018. Facebook Dating first launched publicly in Colombia in 2019. Since then, it has gradually expanded to 52 countries. Facebook Dating was launched in Europe in 2020.
Why is Facebook Dating unavailable?
A lot of users complain about Facebook Dating not showing up for them and seeing a message saying it is unavailable. Facebook dating service is not available worldwide yet. If it is available in your location, you can activate Dating using their iOS and Android apps only, there is no "dating site" version of this dating service usable from web browser. Facebook Dating is currently available in South America, South East Asia, and Europe. It is being rolled out gradually to other locations. To activate Facebook Dating, you need to be in one of the countries listed below. You can always try to use a VPN and change your IP address. Your age needs to be 18+ in order to activate the dating feature of Facebook. Facebook Dating is available in the following 52 countries:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- United States
Introduction to Facebook Dating
For now, users aged 18 and older in select countries listed above will be ready to create FB dating profiles. Once the profiles in a given market hit a critical mass, they start getting some matches. We got to preview this service, and it looks promising—especially for users looking for significant long-term relationships rather than hookups. Facebook Dating has been designed as dating service feature within its main mobile app. There is no separate Facebook Dating app or dating site. Users who opt in to this new Dating service must build a separate dating profile.
This mobile app feature aims to change the status of the 200 million singles who often use it. If you live in a Facebook Dating country, you can find out how this dating service works, and if it is for you! We think it can be a great experience, especially if you have been using the Facebook app for a while and have plenty of friends. It has many features like matches, events, groups, secret crush, adding photos, connecting Instagram, etc. to help you find your dating partner. As Facebook Dating is proved successful in the existing markets, it will be seen as a good sign to rollout this online dating feature to Facebook users in other countries!
Quick Tips for Facebook Dating
Accessing Facebook's Dating Feature
- Log in to the Facebook app. It can their FB iPhone or Android mobile app.
- Then tap the Facebook app Menu which you will find at the bottom right corner.
- Next tap Dating, and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your profile.
Adjust Facebook Dating Settings
- To adjust settings tap the Gear and General icon.
- You will see options to set criteria for your preferred Date matches.
Increasing Your Dating Profile Visibility
- If you have an Instagram account, connect it to your profile for more visibility.
- In Privacy Settings, Toggle on the option "Suggest Friends of Friends to you".
How Do I Activate Facebook Dating?
- Opting In to Facebook Dating Is Easy! Once the Facebook Dating feature is available in your location you will be notified in your News Feed.
- You can tap on Facebook menu icon, then tap Dating, and access it.
- You can also opt-in by tapping or clicking the Facebook Dating's heart ❤️ logo on your profile.
- Or you can directly go to the link https://www.facebook.com/dating and follow the instructions provided there.
- By doing either of the above four things, you will be taken to the Facebook Dating home page. Here, you will have to make a separate profile for dating only.
- The purpose of a separate dating profile is to hide and protect your identity in your main Facebook account.
- This is how you can activate Facebook dating in the supported countries.
How To Set Up Your Facebook Dating Profile?
Setting up and completing your Facebook profile is very simple and easy. You just need to follow these tips and steps to use Facebook dating: review, activate, add info:
1. The first thing you need to do is to select your Gender. It will be your choice if you want to state your real gender. Available Gender options include Man, Woman, Trans Man, Trans Woman, Non-binary. You also have the freedom to describe your Gender further in your Intro section.
2. The second thing you need to do is to choose the gender that you want to be matched with. Who are you interested in seeing, what is their Gender? Facebook will use both your Gender, and the Gender of who you are looking for, to find matches recommendations.
3. Then, you need to confirm your location or your dating settings. Using your Dating Location, Facebook will choose from the people nearby to suggest matches for you! You can give FB the permission to use location services on your device. Or, you can manually enter your location.
4. You need to select or choose the photo for your dating profile. You can edit or crop your photo. It will totally depends on your own taste and will.
5. Next, you can review all of your provided information before clicking the Confirmation button. If you find any mistake, or want to make any edits to your information, you can do so before clicking Confirm. By clicking the Confirm button, you give your consent to Facebook to use your details in its Dating feature.
Note: As we've mentioned earlier, your Facebook Dating profile is separate from your main Facebook user profile. So, any changes or enhancements on your dating profile will never affect your regular Facebook user profile. This means that you can make any kind of changes in your regular and dating profiles separately. You can change photos separately.
Who Can See Your Facebook Dating Profile?
Facebook does not share your Facebook Dating profile with everyone. You can use your Privacy Settings to protect your identity and choose the visibility of your dating profile. By default, you will be using a hidden or semi-hidden identity for Facebook Dating. Only the people who have also opted in to Facebook Dating can view your dating profile. They are also the one who can send you notifications. Anyone you have blocked on Facebook will also not see your Facebook Dating profile.
The good thing about this opt in feature is that your current Facebook friends will not have access to see your dating profile automatically. But let's say that you want to be suggested your friends of friends to be matched with you. Then it can be done by just toggling this option in the privacy settings. This will help you to increase the visibility of your Facebook Dating profile and get better matches.
Facebook has added another privacy feature to protect each user. They have disabled the ability to take screenshots past the registration page. Only the people in your friends circle who have opted in to Facebook Dating will be able to check and see your profile. And they can do so only through the app. No one can take screenshots of your dating profile and gossip about it. You can choose to connect Instagram to Facebook Dating.
Your first name, age, location, email address, and your photo can be kept private as well. Sharing your work, education and several other biographical things will be optional. It will depend on you what you want to put on your profile. You are in charge of what is visible to others, including your basic information.
Where Do Your Facebook Dating Matches Come In From?
When you are done creating your profile on Facebook app, you can start exploring several users that match your profile. In some cases, Facebook can help you get a match with minimal effort by filtering other accounts that might interest you.
The Facebook dating platform is quite unique when compared to other dating platforms. It comes with event updates. So from time to time, you will get notifications of different events in your location. These notifications can also include any social and entertaining groups that may match your interests. You can make your profile become more discoverable and visible to everyone by organizing an event or joining a group!
How to Use Facebook Dating
Facebook will automatically begin suggesting profiles for you once you have activated and completed your profile. To see your recommendations you can navigate to the Dating section on the Facebook app and scroll through various profiles that have been suggested for you.
- You can go to a user's profile.
- Tap the heart icon to indicate that you like him/her. This is also called "Interested".
- To skip or ignore a profile you do not like, just tap the X icon to move to the next suggestion. This is also called "Pass".
- Let's say that user has already tapped on the heart on your dating profile as well. Or that user taps the heart icon on your profile in the future. Then, this creates a Match in Facebook Dating!
- When a new Match happens, a notification will be sent to both you and that user. Then, you can begin your conversation.
- By tapping on Matches at the top of the app, you can view your suggested matches, read your earlier conversations, and start new conversations.
- To help Facebook to improve your match suggestions, scroll to the bottom of your profile and tap Answer a Question. Answering these random questions improves your daily match suggestion!
- You can share your photos from your Instagram post at the bottom of your profile. This will help to increase your visibility and discoverability. Having good photos on your profile that capture your personality will increase your chances of getting better Matches.
Facebook will show you different events in your location as well as groups. Events and groups will increase user engagement and help the dating feature to spread faster. You can take advantage of these features like creating an event or joining a group. This will help your dating profile be more discoverable and visible to more people. In turn, you will receive better Matches!
Facebook Dating Feature: Secret Crush
Facebook will consider all your dating preferences and desires that you have entered in your dating profile. They definitely want you to find a match, as it will make Facebook Dating a success. Often they match you with people that share the same locations, common interests, and mutual friends.
If you tap the icon “See Suggested Matches”, then you can check out their full dating profile. You can also view your mutual friends and check whether you both have any shared interests. If someone catches your attention that you think you have in common, then you can click or tap the icon of “Interested” at the bottom right of the screen.
You can also maintain a list of a few special people you have a secret crush on. Facebook Dating calls this a 'Secret Crush' feature. When you indicate that you are interested in someone, they become your "Secret Crush". Your Secret Crush List can have up to 9 people at a time, from among your Facebook friends or Instagram followers. If your Secret Crush also indicates that they are interested in you, then you can have unlimited conversations with them. Until you both mutually don't mark one another as Interested, you will not be notified of this!
Note: After tapping the Interested button, you will be able to open limited conversation with them. You will be able to have a conversation using text mode only with no photos or links supported. Facebook limits the users to sending just one initial message. It keeps this messaging separate from any of the conversations. It is similar to "Message Requests" in Messenger or Instagram. The purpose of this limitation is to make the platform safe for all users.
Who Can See Your Facebook Dating Profile
Your profile will not be shared by Facebook, they are the ones who will protect your identity. You will just need to use a hidden identity. Thus, only people who have opted already can view or see your profile. They are also the ones who can send you notifications. The good thing about this is that your current Facebook friends will not have access to see your dating profile. However, you can choose if you want to suggest a friend of yours match to someone, it can be done by just toggling that kind of feature on or off in the Facebook Dating privacy settings to start with.
Another privacy feature is done by Facebook to protect each user is they disabled screenshots past the registration page. When someone will check and see your profile, it's only the basic information that they may find.
Your first name, age, location, email address, and photo as well. Sharing your work, education and several other biographical things will be optional. It will depend on you if you want to put it on your profile and will be visible the same as your basic information.
How to Delete Your Facebook Dating Profile?
1. Go to your Dating Profile settings by tapping on the Gear icon.
2. Tap on the General tab and tap on Delete Profile.
Remember: If you delete Facebook dating account you will lose all your conversations, matches, and secret crush list. You will not be able to restore them automatically when you set up a Facebook Dating account again in the future. Hence, we recommend you choose the "Take a Break" option if you are planning on returning to online dating on Facebook!
3. Instead of Deleting your Dating profile, you can Toggle ON the option Take a Break, which is right above the Delete Profile option! You will no longer receive any NEW matches or other Dating related notifications when you are on a break. You can use this option when you want to stop dating, or if you want to go steady with your existing matches.
4. Facebook Dating Reactivate: To get back in the dating game and to start receiving new matches, simply toggle OFF the Take a Break option!
Improvements that Users are seeking in Facebook Dating
1. Rearranging photos in the Facebook Dating Profile.
2. Photo verification as no one should impersonate their identity.
3. Facebook Dating needs to have more users and provide only the Best Match Suggestions.
4. Facebook designers can improve the UI of Facebook Dating.