If you are a small business or individual who uses the legacy free version of G Suite, you may be wondering how you can keep using it without paying Google. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to continue using G Suite for free and skip worrying about the G Suite Pricing plans. You can continue using Google Workspace via its G Suite Legacy Free Edition for personal use only.
Getting Started to Use Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) for Free
First, make sure your account is still in good standing with Google. If you've been using GSuite for a while, your account may be grandfathered in and exempt from any new charges to the G Suite Legacy Free Edition.
After June 27, 2022 G Suite Legacy Free Edition is no longer available for businesses. You will have to pay for Google Workspace for business use. G Suite Pricing plans can be viewed on the Google Workspace portal.
Steps to Use Google Workspace for Free with the G Suite Legacy Free Edition
1. When you log in using your business email, you will be able to see the notice on top of your inbox like below:
2. To keep using Google Workspace for free, you must self-identify your legacy subscription is for personal use. Simply click on the 'choose now option.'
3. Choose transition path -> 'Personal Use: Stay on no cost Legacy G Suite'
4. You have to confirm the transition to 'no-cost Google Suite services'
5. After giving confirmation of using it for personal use, you successfully opt-in for the free legacy version of G Suite. You don't have to pay Google for using your business email.
6. Take advantage of a 'G Suite Legacy Free Edition'. This will give you access to all the features of G Suite, including business email and online storage. As it's a free version, you will not able to use premium features of the G suite like support, extra storage, etc. If you really need them in the future then you can easily transition to the paid version.
7. When you log in to your dashboard Google will suggest you upgrade to premium features but it totally depends on your choice.
Important Tip to keep using G Suite Legacy Free Edition
Finally, keep your account active by using it regularly. If Google sees that you're not using G Suite, they may eventually charge you according to the G Suite Pricing Plans for it. So make sure to log in and use it on a regular basis, even if it's just for non-commercial and personal use.
For commercial usage, Businesses will need to subscribe to the monthly or annual plans for Google Workspace. Every Google Workspace Plan includes all the products in Google Suite of Apps. These include Gmail, Drive, Meet, Calendar, Chat, Jamboard, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Keep, Sites, and Forms.
By subscribing to higher plans, you get larger cloud storage space, and enhanced support services. However, by following the simple steps given above, you can continue using Google Workspace for free with the G Suite Legacy Free Edition for non-commercial, personal use only.