It's not very easy to transfer files between heterogeneous operating systems If you have an iPhone and an Android device, or even an iPhone and a laptop, it can be really tricky to transfer files between them without using any apps. Well, worry no more!
In this blog post, we will show you how to share files from your iOS device to your Android device (or vice versa) without installing any extra software. All you need is ShareDrop, a free online file-sharing tool that everyone can use!
ShareDrop is a file-sharing app that works on any device, whether it's an iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, Windows laptop, or even a Mac. All you need is an internet connection and you can start sharing files!
ShareDrop uses peer-to-peer technology to transfer files between devices, so there's no need to worry about your data being stored on a server somewhere. Plus, it's super easy to use - just drag and drop your files into the ShareDrop window and it will send quickly.
How to Share Files from Your iOS Device to Android to laptop Without Installing Any App?
1. Go to the Sharedrop.io website.
2. Connect your iOS and Android devices (or any other devices you want to share files between) to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Drag and drop the files you want to share into the ShareDrop window.
4. The files will get send instantly - there's no need to wait!
Can you transfer multiple files using Sharedrop.io web app?
- You can easily transfer bulk files of any size using the Sharedrop web app. Simply select all required files while sending them to the receiver.
- Sharedrop will ZIP those files and send them as a ZIP file at receiving end. This is very helpful to get all files in one transfer.
How to transfer files between devices on different networks
If you want to share files between devices that are on different networks (e.g. an iPhone and a Windows laptop), you'll need to use ShareDrop's different network feature. ShareDrop is available on any WebRtc-supported browser for any Mac and Windows machine, and it lets you share files between devices over the internet, even if they're on different networks.
Click the + button in the upper right corner of the screen to add a new device, then follow the instructions below to send a file to a device on a different network.
This transfer depends on the speed of the internet connection of the sender and receiver. This transfer will done over the internet without any file size limit.
How safe is it to use ShareDrop.io?
- The files you share at ShareDrop are highly secure
- It uses peer-to-peer encryption before sending.
- This data is not passed via an intermediary server.
- Only people you share will be able to view them.
- Transfer is also very secure between the sender and receiver devices.
ShareDrop transmits information about the file (its name and size) and file data itself using a secure and encrypted peer-to-peer connection.
That's why all this data is always private. ShareDrop makes use of WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication), which is built into web browsers, to accomplish this.
So next time you need to share files between your iOS and Android devices (or any other combination of devices), don't install any extra apps - just use ShareDrop! It's free, easy, and fast. Give it a try today!