Being able to use an on-wrist fitness and health tracker like Fitbit Sense is very important, especially when you travel a lot, or change time zones. Luckily, Fitbit Sense comes with a list of supported countries you can choose from to keep the ECG feature on your Fitbit Sense active while you are on the move. Or better, you can go for the option of using a Virtual Private Network(VPN).
So the next time you hop in a train or plane to travel to a foreign country with a different time zone either for a vacation or business trip be assured that your Fitbit Sense will still be useful in tracking your vital health activities. If you are unable to use Fitbit sense ECG tracking then below are working solutions.
How to Use ECG feature of Fitbit Sense in unsupported countries:
1. Change your location in App Settings.
You have to be in a supported country to allow ECG features on Fitbit. To check the supported countries for ECG, go to the website or go through the Fitbit mobile app.
- Launch Fitbit mobile app, and go to app settings.
- Tap on Location, and you will see all the countries, you have to select one country from the supported list for ECG.
- Note: You have to change location in Fitbit app settings and profile.
2. Change your location in your Fitbit Profile
- Next, go to your profile, and tap on personal.
- Change location to any supported country you find on the list.
When you change country location on both app setting and profile, you will be able to install the ECG application on your watch.
To verify that this works go to assessment and reports, and click on Heart Rhythm Assessment to allow ECG for the first time. It will show you the below error. Don't worry you can fix it using the next step.
3. Change your IP location with a VPN.
This is one of the best and most effective ways to use your ECG on Fitbit whenever you travel, There are various free and premium VPNs you can choose from to get started.
- Download and install a good VPN like ExpressVPN.
- launch the Fitbit application, and go to Assessment and Reports
- Start your ECG app for the first time, and it works.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up my Fitbit?
- Download and install the Fitbit app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Select join Fitbit.
- Choose your Fitbit device and press set up.
- Create your account, and fill out the necessary information.
- lastly, pair your phone with your Fitbit Sense to sync monitored activity from the device to your phone.
How do you reset your Fitbit?
The Fitbit sense comes with a Solid-state button on the left side, this smartwatch, and tracker is designed this way to make it more water-resistant, and take up lesser space, creating more room for a bigger battery.
- Press the solid-state button Fitbit sense.
- Hold down for 10 seconds, even if it seems nothing is happening.
- After 10 seconds Fitbit sense will reset and restart.
- After the sense displays, the interface should be working again.
How much does the Fitbit Sense Cost?
The Fitbit Sense can be bought on retail for $299.95.