Diaspora:New Open Source Social Network,Hands-on,Free Invitation & Review
Day by day Social Networking war is going more complicated,every entrepreneur now trying to acquire the most of the online public with their cool unique ideas and platform.They also focusing on the privacy of each person , who share their info over the cloud. After the Facebook ,Google+ now its time of “Diaspora“.
“Diaspora” an Open Source ,distributed online social networking booted with their alpha release,you can avail this service through invitation only.Word diaspora implies “scattering of people away from an established one”,it basically develop by 4 New York University students Daniel Grippi,Maxwell Salzberg,Raphael Sofaer & Ilya Zhitomirskiy,With the aim of providing better ,protected and privacy control social networking site ,which was initiated on Feb 2010. I thought that why should we need another social networking if we already on giants services like Facebook and Google+ ? Much pretty answer I found that “Diaspora” team want to focus on Privacy issue in social networking ,which is lagging in Facebook due to lots of Spam attacks,in diaspora you have full control on sharing ,re-sharing ,liking or messaging of any post which is already on Facebook , right? 🙂
I got the “diaspora” alpha invitation,and now using it !!! I didn’t found any new UI in that rather than it is much similar like Facebook and Google+,which as many features of FB and few of G+ like GIF image sharing.As Diaspora is a Open-Source SN site ,It will really help the enterprner to put their ideas openly.Diaspora is totally designed with Ruby on Rail in distributed platform.It uses # tagging mechanism to find your interested topics and streams.Alpha release may need lost of improvements,some functions are still having some issues,which may fixed soon.Grouping mechanism is also similar as circles in G+ ,called “Aspects” in diaspora 🙂 So friends if you really want to TEST it ,its a right time to play with its features and bug.Lets start exploring with Diaspora 🙂
4. Shift + Click photo sharing using Cubbi application.
5 Can share your message to other Social sites ,like publish sync extension of Facebook and G+
Diaspora Registration Process:
1. You need an invitation for diaspora,as I already connected with it,So you can simply put your comments with your Email address below. We will send you the “Diaspora” Alpha invitation for free of course 🙂 .
2.When Sigining up with diaspora you need to fill up your profile, add user to your network, Follow tags, connect other sites. etc.
Home Page or Dashboard: Home page is much similar as Facebook with lists of options
Sharing Stream: You can share your mesasage publicly or privatly using “ASpect”
Profile View: Snippiest of your profile
Settings: From this you can manage your Email alerts
Privacy & Notification Settings:
Setting -> services: manage your other account to be connected with diaspora
Diaspora application cubbi.es: This single application enable you to share your online photo to diaspora by holding SHIFT+CLICK .To install it
1. Simply Visit Cubbi and put your full diaspora Id like email@example.com
2. Grant the permission to access your diaspora
3. Install the your browser specific Extension & enjoy your SHIFT+CLICK pics sharing
Inviting Your Friends to Diaspora:
1. Using Email: just put email address separated by comma(,) to send email invite.
2. Inviting Facebook friends: Make sure you already connected your diaspora to Facebook and then you will see list of your Facebook friend ,from that simply add your friend to any “Aspect “,you will be redirected to Facebook and your invitation send as message to Facebook ,that’s it !!!
Reporting Your Idea Bug or Feedback: if you encounter any bug,issue or any want to share some of your idea that you might want to be in Diaspora then simply use “FEEDBACK” button and fill it appropriately.
Saurabh Mukhekar is a Tech Blogger from Pune, India. He is also thinker, maker, life long learner, hybrid developer, edupreneur, mover & shaker. He’s captain planet of BlogSaays and seemingly best described in rhyme.
Follow Him On Facebook