Many people have played games online such as Criminal Case, Club Penguin or Runescape or maybe even Neopets! Many people would also like to create them if it wasn’t so hard and it didn’t cost so much. Some people are still interested in making them. These steps can make it easier.
1. Research: Take the time to research how much it costs to buy a domain, get hosting setup, and any other additional fees you may run into before you start. Just because you don’t have a big budget, don’t let that limit you!! There are several things you can do to limit your expenses. Limit the numbers of members who can join your game. This will reduce your bandwidth — the amount of data passed back and forth over the internet — and will encourage your members to stay active.
2. Many people overlook target audiences: When you design your game you need to keep in mind who actually plays your game. If your game is for young children then you don’t want a game that’s overly complex, hard to navigate through and has few images. Also take into account your audience’s familiarity with computers and the Internet. A child isn’t as likely to be able to understand complex directions or sequences whereas a hard core video game addict should have no problem navigating menus and following technical directions. Games made for ages 5-7 should have lots of pictures, big buttons, be easy to play, and have few words to keep younger children interested.
3. Select a topic: For example, pets, fighting, strategy, and role playing are some popular topics.
4. Choose some features: It’s okay if you can’t come up with very many. Most sites start at a humble origin and slowly grow.
5. Plan out details of your features: What will your shops be for? What mini games will you add?
6. Learn a few programming languages: Some helpful ones will be HTML, CSS, MySQL, and PHP. go to lissaexplains.com or jadendreamer.wordpress.com to find some good programming language tutorials.
7. Make sure you are good enough in the aspects of development: If you aren’t practice. If you still can’t get any better, you may need to hire a team of people to help you.
8.Be sure to protect you and your website: Write a terms of service and rules. If you want, get a copyright. Also you may want to get a sole proprietor or LLC. Research some internet laws. Be sure you know all about them.
9. Find a place to host your website: It will probably cost money, but it will usually be cheap. If your site address looks like www.yoursitename.hostingcompany.com you will need to buy your own domain. The best Addresses are yoursitename.com or your-site-name.com You can use .com or .net Pay all needed fees to get the website and register your domain.
10. Plan out your pages: Write the title and order of each page. Then write out what text you want on each page. Put what widgets (chat room, forum) and images you want.
This is how popular games came into being like farmville.com, candycrush, solitaire etcetera. You can go online and browse and learn how to play your favourite games. There are sites where you can learn how to play poker or candy crush or other games.
Saurabh Mukhekar is a Tech Blogger from Pune, India. He is also thinker, maker, life long learner, hybrid developer, edupreneur, mover & shaker. He’s captain planet of BlogSaays and seemingly best described in rhyme.
Follow Him On Facebook