Google map is everyone's go-to travel app on their smartphone, we use it for a variety of purposes. Its heterogeneous features enabling everyone to make it their default mobile navigation app. If you are a regular user of Google Maps you may find its navigation icon a bit irritating as its omnidirectional behavior confuse us at any time.
To get rid of Google Maps default navigation icon, we are going to share with you a simple way to replace it with some amazing vehicle icons. Till now this feature was available on iOS only. But now it's working on Android devices as well.
You must have the latest Google Map Version in order to use this feature on your android device. Please update it using the playstore if you are not having the latest version.
How to Change Google Map Navigation icon in your Android phone.
1. Open your Google Map on your Android.
2. Set a destination and start navigation using a car.
3. Once navigation started, you will able to see the default navigation arrow icon guiding you directions towards your destination.
4. Tap on 'Navigation Arrow Icon', you will able to see 3 vehicle icons(CAR, SUV, and HATCHBACK). Select the appropriate icon for your navigation. This will become your new default icon.
5. Enjoy your ride with the 'car in your navigation'.
This is a really cool way to customize the look of your Google Map's navigation. You can easily revert it back to default by repeating the above steps.
Such kind of UI(User Interface) easter eggs attracting many people to use Google Maps during their day to day travel. Google Maps business listing is another value-added service we are experiencing.
Google Map is revamping its UI and adding more important functionalities like discovering local business when you are traveling to new places. This is how Google Map is manipulating our data to deliver the best experience while discovering new places across the world.
Do you really like the idea of changing the Google Maps navigation icon? Are you going to do it for your Android device? We would like to hear about your experience in the comment section.