The world is changing with digitalisation, everybody is moving toward this internet paradise. Many peoples around the globe earning from their digital assets & yes we are living in digital economy. Yup ! a freaking awesome technologies helping us to do almost everything remotely. Services like emails, file sharing,social networks, youtube videos touching the horizon of information sharing, but the truth is that we all are the part of those virtual goods till we are alive 😉 isn’t it ?
Have you ever thought what will happen with your virtual asset after you die?, I say absolutely NOT. We are just consumers of many services and utilising it in our day to day life. Now you know how important is it to handover your digital data to some legitimate person. Seriously in this WWW world 1 email can transform you from Peter Parker to SpiderMan 🙂
As a blogger I know the importance of emails, docs, videos etc.which are helping me to stand out of the crowd. I believe its really important to preserve your virtual asset and handover it to your next generation either for learning perspective or to start their life from point you left.
Experience what its count nothing else.
Till now we din’t find any kind of dedicated service for major online networks.
But Facebook already have “Facebook Legacy Contact“ option along with Memorialized to handover your memories to legit person you configured in your settings.
Search giant Google also have service called “Inactive Account Manager“.
Google inactive account manager help you to manage your google services data like email, photos, videos, drive data etc in more proficient way.Only we have to tell google what to do with your Google services data if your account becomes inactive for any reason or you will die. This awesome feature help you to plan your digital afterlife with major google services.
When all is lost, there is still a memory. Make it archived.
Using Inactive Account Manager :
1. If you are google services user & for somewhat reason you stopped using it (accidental death) then we have to tell google in advance what to do with your data like emails, photos, files, youtube etc. Google either can delete it or they can share all your data to legitimate person to whom you trust.
2. We have to share trusted person name from our contact list who is going to receive your data after your account become inactive for particular timestamp. Like you never login into your gmail account from last 3 months, 6 months, 12 months etc. then it will trigger particular action that you already setup.We can choose our timstamp according to our internet usage & availability .
3. Google inactive account manager service keep your privacy & security into great extend.Which ultimately make life easier for your loved ones after you’re gone.
Setting up Google Inactive Account Manager:
1. Navigate to Google Inactive Account Manager, login with your credentials.
2. Now in setup section you have to put Time-Out period like 3, 6, 9 months or 1 year etc.
3. Provide your mobile number along with an alternate email address which will alert you before taking any action on your google account. Google will verify your mobile by sending SMS.
4. We have to add trusted contacts to whom google will send your data.Its really important step to choose right person to handover your asset.
5. Now enable this afterlife changing button for your love once 🙂 So they know your life’s timeline & will learn from your mistakes, success stories.
I hope this feature will help everyone to preserve their important digital assets, kindly share your review, questions about this awesome feature from Google.
Saurabh Mukhekar is a Tech Blogger from Pune, India. He is also thinker, maker, life long learner, hybrid developer, edupreneur, mover & shaker. He’s captain planet of BlogSaays and seemingly best described in rhyme.
Follow Him On Facebook