Day by day the ocean of information i.e WEB is increasing drastically,peoples are preferring to involve in the world of Virtualization. As a information grows, we need to protect it to avail the privacy and usability of that information.So the privacy & security of the process data are two major factors that we strongly support.Though we are dealing with all above points their are some sorts of peoples or group of peoples called “Hackers/Intruders” trying to malfunction the operation of WWW(world wide Web). So as a web developer or website owner we really need to protect our site and our shared data from such bad personalities with some reputed & secure services,isn’t it ?
Now a days term “Backup Website Services” come into existence, i.e you can store a backup/replica of your website into trusted 3rd party service provider with simple and secure way.Their are lots of services who provide the backup of entire website automatically/ manually but the most of them are costly,& some free services have certain limitation.So it’s not a good way to use it ,if you want it for free.Another way is you can get premium account or take a traditional backup through FTP 😀 which is really painful if your data size is lot.
Now I will introduce you the “Codeguard” service which will give you the ability to take a backup of your website for free with 2GB disk space,to avail 2GB space of Codeguard service you need to use “CloudFlare” with your website which is also one of the tool that will super-fast the performance of your website,So we can say ‘We can Kill 2 birds using single Arrow” right ? You can read following points of cloudflare:
[note]If you signup with codeguard directly without using Cloudflare then you can get only 100MB free space 🙁 So go with it using Cloudflare to get 2GB for free 😀 [/note]
What is CloudFlare ? How to use it?
1. CloudFlare is a best content delivery network (CDN) & distributed Domain Name Server(DNS) service aimed at enhancing website performance and speed by providing better security.
2. To use Cloudflare free with your website you can Sign up from CloudFlare website,if you are hosted your domain with Hostgator,then no need to sign up you can simply activate it from Hostgator Cpanel to activate service.
when you cover all above things then you can activate CodeGuard from cloudflare application settings from dashboard,so that you will get 2Gb space instead of 100MB 😀
How to activate 2GB free space CodeGuard Account using Cloudflare
1. Login to CloudFlare go to apps.
2. Check for CodeGuard and signup(highlighted area)by making it ON
3. When you make it ON you will get an Email on Email Id that you are using with cloudflare ,with all details of your CodeGurad i,e username and password credentials
4. Then login to CodeGuard site with correct credentials .
5. Add your Website by clicking “Add Website”button
6. Provide your website address and FTP address on next screen
7. Provide your FTP details like username and password on next screen
NOTE: I recommended you to create a separate FTP account for Codeguard through Cpanel of website
8. Verify Your Connection ,if success then you are ready to take a backup Enjoy free 2GB backup Space 🙂
Their are several options are available on dashboard of Codeguard like disk usages,Backup notification,Scheduling Backup etc.
[note]You can share your experience with us,for better performance with cloudflare we recommended you to use Google DNS [/note]